Thursday, October 9, 2008

Twilight: Luna Nova video and write-up

       
       Well, this shoot went smoothly. I experienced very few snags, and the shoot only lasted two evenings from around 5:30 until about 7:30. My talent, Sam, was a great sport about the whole thing, whether it was repeating takes, moving around from place to place to get better angles, etc. Inclement weather reared it's ugly head, but that was the only big concern throughout production, and it turned out that the second day was perfect. 
       The final outcome, I must say, was focused a bit more on the narrative of my character than I had originally planned, but I don't feel like this takes away from the video. I'm also very happy with my transitional cut-scenes, as they seem to set the correct mood for each fragment of the story. I filmed over 45 minutes worth of footage, and this is what made it to the final cut.

1 comment:

ry said...

good. Its interesting how people affect the idea of what his intentions are, someone walks behind him, are they going to run at him? He crosses the street and put himself in danger. its an interesting interaction between the solitary individual and the streets downtown.