Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mid-Production Thoughts and Ideas.

       At the moment, I have already shot two important sequences for the movie about city lights, one at 30 minutes and the other at about 16 minutes. Both of these sequences feature the lights and their movement along the highway, but documented in two different ways, one of which is a fixed position while the other is mobile. The footage might be long, but my purpose is to speed these parts up for a blurring effect of the lights, while maintaining the captured sound's normal speed. I'm very excited about shooting so far, I feel that here is alot of potential with the imagery I've collected as well as the imagery i have yet to shoot. I'd like to know what people are thinking about some of my stills, and specifically how well the elements and sources of light are working together (such as the neon, traffic, etc.). I'm also open to any suggestions or opinions that you may have.
       Additionally, does anyone have any suggestion for a new title? I'm not a big fan of the one i have now, and I would appreciate some input.
      
       For my voting documentation, i intend to shoot a few photos capturing my experience with absentee voting. From the application being mailed off, to my ballot arriving, getting filled out, and mailed again. Exciting stuff, i know, but I'm just glad to be able to take part in one of the most unconventional elections in  recent history. And I'm interested also in seeing the different ways there are to vote.

       One last thing: I have already taken off of work for the Insomnia Film Fest class project on the 15th. I'm ready to work, and I'm definitely ready to win.

No comments: