Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Concept for My Memphis, Take One

 - My Memphis focuses on the familiar structures and places of Memphis. (i.e., The bridges, new and old alike, the pyramid, South Main, Parts of Beale (historic aspects to be specific), and the Orpheum,  even the pinch and midtown. I'm thinking five or ten minutes at best?? depending on what the stipulations are. The audience is those willing to look beyond the majorly "touristy" surface of memphis, and maybe even go off the beaten path a little in Midtown sequences.

 - I want the emphasis to not be on the peabody place, the countless bars on beale, but the architecture and history right underneath the cheap, beer soaked facade.


7 comments:

Dwayne Butcher said...

potentially could be a commercially viable piece. keep some of the elements of your previous downtown video.

Jason Cole said...

This is nice. Just remember that the video is supposed to be no more than 3 minutes. This town, in my opinion, is BUILT on little local dives, but the corporate chains are encroaching.

ry said...

hmm. midtown.

Alex said...

I would include your speeding up of time and having lights in the video like your previous piece.

Jeremiah J. Patlan said...

sped-up frames... now there's an idea.

Wesley Catlett said...

I think your idea is pretty strong. I like the way you will be focusing on architecture the most but what is going to be the action? How do you plan on showing this history

atheistpally said...

it's gotta be 3 min max man

that last sentence is almost completely profound dude.