Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Response: Feedback from the reading of My Manifesto

From reading my manifesto in class, the feedback i have received has led me to the following.

_ I need to refine my ideas, my beliefs, into a more distilled and commanding statement, more of a declaration of these ideas, rather than just a list under each category.

_ The class told me that the verbs and adjectives i have chosen to use in describing my work, my ideas behind that work, and even my loves and my hates are all good things to include, and that they help illustrate my point as well as indicate my passion for the things i have written down, and most importantly, the thinking behind my work.

_ I believe i should use my list of the things i love as well as the things i hate to further develop my filmmaking (including making something that uses all of the things in my love list, and also making something that uses all of the things in my hate list.) I'm learning that both lists can offer a new direction to my movies; whether it's something i add or take away, both lists could be extremely useful.

_ I should watch "Myra Breckenridge" with Sophia Loren.

_ I should challenge myself.

_ I should make something i love as well as something i hate.

_ This critique has helped immensely in the thought and consideration of my movies, but I'm still uncertain about how it will effect the outcome of my essay piece. I have ideas for how i want to shoot, and plan out some scenes, but the majority has yet to be fleshed out. One dilemma is that I'm not exactly sure how much of my characters i want to show, and how that will impact the piece as a whole. i do know however, that the use of a voice over has been a huge consideration as far as the actual telling of the events goes.

No comments: